Pool Ranking Criteria
To establish the ranking of teams in each pool, the following criteria shall be applied:
- Total number of victories (matches won, matches lost)
- In the event of a tie, the following first tiebreaker will apply:
Most points gained = the team will be ranked by the most points gained per match as follows:
3. If teams are still tied after examining the number of victories and points gained, then the FIVB will examine the results in order to break the tie in the following order:
- Set quotient = If two or more teams are tied on the number of points gained, they will be ranked by the quotient resulting from the division of the number of all sets won by the number of all sets lost.
- Points quotient = If the tie persists based on the set quotient, the teams will be ranked by the quotient resulting from the division of all points scored by the total of points lost during all sets.
- If the tie continues to persist based on the point quotient, the priority will be given to the team which won the last match between them. When the tie in point quotient is between three or more teams, a new classification of these teams under the terms of Articles 3.a, 3.b and 3.c above will be made taking into consideration only the matches involving the teams in question.